Sunday, July 19, 2009

Relief after the stress-july 16

I had an ultrasound on Monday and saw the heartbeat. It was a relief after having some spotting. The on Wednesday at 2AM I woke up to bring red blood stain. I was convinced that I was losing this pregnancy. I just looked at John and blankly said, "I am going to lose this baby." I called the office as soon as it opened and they had my come in for another ultrasound. I was terrified, not knowing what I was going to find out. I breathed a sigh of relief when the sonographer not only saw, but heard the heartbeat. That rhythmic thumping was music to my ears. I was even able to call John and he could hear it over the phone. I just sat there and cried.

I made an appointment with my doctor for the next day. I knew that I just needed reassurance. I also saw his partner yesterday he told me that everything looked good, but I wasn't out of the woods, which I know all too well. He reassured me, but I didn't have an explanation to my bleeding. I saw my doctor today and he determined that he believes the bleeding was coming from capillaries that burst on my cervix. There were two of them that he cauterized, and I had two instances of bright red bleeding so it makes sense. I haven't had much of anything since then. A little bit, but I do believe it was from the cauterization itself. The doctor also told me that after seeing and hearing the heartbeat there is about a 2% chance of miscarriage even with bleeding. He wants me to stop working for the summer, which will be ok. It is somewhat of a relief, although we will just have to be careful. I am going to take the best care of myself that I can.

I will keep praying and hoping that all goes well this time. I want to come home with a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment